The educational services are carried out in different formats. Usually, two educational specialists provide the educational work along with a pedagogic assistant. Alternatively, an educational specialist works together with a full-time teacher (co-teaching). Depending on size and focus, up to five educational specialists can be deployed and collaborate with other speakers.
The formats of the educational services are very flexible. These include:
- University seminars for two semester periods per week
- Lecture meetings at universities
- Teaching units at colleges
- Presentations at conventions and conferences
- Exercises and participation as guest speakers in individual meetings
- Workshops (one-day or more)
- Guided excursions to facilities and service providers for people with disabilities
- Training seminars
- In-house trainings
- Study trips
- Large group events (up to 300 people)
The educational specialists have for example already organized a seminar entitled "Classroom Management in Inclusive Settings" at the Center for Teacher Education of the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, an in-house training course on “Lifeworlds of people with disabilities – experts in their own cause” for the employees of a ministry or held a speech during the lecture "Inclusion” of the Europa-Universität-Flensburg.